Freshly baked sandwich pocket fresh from your own oven…
- 1/2 batch, or approx. 4 cups bread dough
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 – 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 – 2 cups cheddar cheese
- various seasonings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Season and bake chicken breasts in a 350 degree oven until no longer pink in center. Dice chicken and set aside.
2. Roll out a handful of bread dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Spread 1-2 tsp of softened cream cheese over dough. Add 1-2 Tbsp of alfredo sauce over the cream cheese. Top with 1/2 cup diced chicken, 1/4 cup steamed chopped broccoli, and 1/4 – 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.
3. Fold up ends of dough over the filling mixture. Fold other ends up and over and seal seams shut using a bit of water if necessary.
4. Place seam side down on a prepped baking sheet, cut a small steam vent in the top, and let rise for about 30 minutes in a warm, draft-free place.
5. Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Brush with oil mixture again after baking if desired.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Yield: 4 large pockets